What is PMA (LC):
PMA is basically Pakistan Military Academy.
The PMA long course is for regular commission officers of combat and combat support arms and services. the long course has a duration of two (2) years, which is further divided into four terms of six months each. After the two years training period cadet pass out as 2nd Lieutenants.
To apply for the PMA Long Course:
- Visit the official website of the Pakistan Military Academy (PMA) at https://www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk/
- Click on the “Registration” tab on the website and fill out the online registration form. You will need to provide your personal details such as name, date of birth, and contact information.
- After submitting the online registration form, you will receive a roll number slip.
- You will need to print the roll number slip and visit the Army Selection and Recruitment Centre (AS&RC) on the date mentioned in the slip.
- At the AS&RC, you will need to undergo a series of tests and interviews. These may include a written test, physical test, and medical examination.
- After successfully passing all the tests, you will be selected for the PMA Long Course.
It’s important to note that the PMA Long Course is highly competitive and requires a high level of physical fitness, mental toughness, and academic excellence. Therefore, it is important to prepare well for the selection process. You can find more information about the selection process and eligibility criteria on the official website of the Pakistan Army.
Age: min 17 to 21 (with three month relaxation)
Qualification: FA or FSc (science or arts with 55% marks)
must be the citizen of Pakistan.
Unmarried (serving personnel of the armed forces over 20 years of age are eligible, even if married)
2 years of training in Pakistan Military Academy PMA Kakul, Abbottabad KPK Pakistan.
Hope Certificate for PMA Long Course:
Candidate who have passed part-1 intermediate examination.
In addition to academic achievements PMA long course required very tough and standards physical activities to produce the real combat personals therefore candidate must be with good healthy body.
Minimum Height with 5 feet 4 inches / 162.5 cm)
Weight as per Body Mass Index(BMI)
Distance Vision – With Glasses 6/9 , 6/12
Near Vision – J2, J7 or N8, N12 with or without glasses.
Physical Fitness; candidate have to qualify the following physical standards at the time of preliminary selection.
1.6 KM Run – 7.5 Minutes (We suggest practice for 2 KM)
Push Ups – 15 repetitions in 2 Minutes
Sit Ups – 15 repetitions in 2 Minutes
Chin Ups – 3 repetitions in 2 Minutes
Ditch Crossing – 7.4″ x 7.4″ with Depth of 4 feet
Registration and Preliminary Selection
Candidates can either register through Internet or by visiting Army Selection and Recruitment Centre (AS&RCs). Following procedure will be adopted
Registration Through Internet:
Candidates can register on website www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk. Date and time of test shall be intimated on internet, for which the individual should have an e-mail account. Candidates will report on exact date and time given for preliminary test on computerized roll no slip. Date once given will not be changed. Candidates will also bring along documents mentioned in Para 6 and will pay prospectus fee on the day of test. Candidates MUST attain working knowledge of computer as registration and tests will be conducted on computers.
Registration at AS&RCs:
Candidates may report at nearest AS&RCs for registration / allotment of roll no along with necessary documents mentioned in Para 6 and the prospectus fee for completion of registration formalities. Candidates will bring these documents on the day of test as well Join Pakistan Army as a Commissioned Officer